Click on the "Emmaus Australia" tab above to go to the Emmaus national site, where you will find...
Upcoming Walks Registration form - Pilgrim Click Here
What is Emmaus?
Watch this video which explains Emmaus
The Walk to Emmaus is a spiritual renewal program intended to strengthen the local church through the development of Christian disciples and leaders. The program's approach seriously considers the model of Christ's servanthood and encourages Christ's disciples to act in ways appropriate to being "a servant of all."
The Walk to Emmaus experience begins with a 72-hour short course in Christianity, comprised of fifteen talks by lay and clergy on the themes of God's grace, disciplines of Christian discipleship, and what it means to be the church. The course is wrapped in prayer and meditation, special times of worship and daily celebration of Holy Communion. The "Emmaus community," made up of those who have attended an Emmaus weekend, support the 72-hour experience with a prayer vigil, by preparing and serving meals, and other acts of love and self-giving. The Emmaus Walk typically begins Thursday evening and concludes Sunday evening. Men and women attend separate weekends.
Here is what others have experienced at our Walks:
- Reminded me I’m a child of God, He really does love me. God is right there in everything I’m called to do.
- A precious weekend. Oozed with love.
- Blown away. Stepped out of my comfort zone and richly rewarded
- Felt very loved, spoilt with gifts, and a few light bulb moments.
- So much love. Seeing how much people love me… God loves me even more.
- Most unreal spiritual enlightenment anyone would possible wish to partake of.
- Amazing outpouring of love. To think that I’m such a special person in people’s eyes – what must God think of me!
- Period of refreshment.
- Amazing weekend. I know people love me…
- Awakened me to the gifts God has given me. He loves me so much…..
- Wasn’t sure what to expect. It was the most uplifting experience I’ve ever had.
- Had the most wonderful time.
- Very exciting, feel blessed. It was an awesome, humbling time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an outpouring of love. God’s love is infectious… I feel refreshed and renewed
- Came with no expectations – what I didn’t expect was for people to pray for me before I even asked for it! I’ve been affirmed in my calling to be a Minister of God’s Word.
- I learnt not to anticipate. I’m going to try not to anticipate what God wants to do with my life.
- It’s been about ‘stopping’. God’s saying ‘you can trust Me… keep trusting Me”.
- It’s been a release from pride and fear. I’m going to relax and put my complete faith in God.
- “Walls came crumbling down. It was an experience I have never experienced before. The love, passion that surrounded us was indescribable.”
- “The love was full and overflowing. There were lots of little things done and said. It emptied me and filled me again with the Holy Spirit. I have now reassessed my priorities.”
- “Oh the Blessings! It was challenging and inspiring in equal amounts. The Agape love experienced was a Blessing to us all.”
- “It was an educational experience. A real eye opener.”
- “During this weekend I took time our to listen to God’s voice. He was calling to me to not give up and to know He is with me.”
- “I had put this off for a long time. But it has helped me to see the thread of theology and practice. To live and worship in a community setting has reinforced and strengthened my call to ministry.”
- “It was a challenge! I’ve been on Army camps and children camps, but this one tops the lot.”